Friday, March 28, 2008

Random Tidbits from the Week

My collection of goodies from the kiddies really increased this week. I got a bracelet, a necklace, and a lanyard. I'm rolling it in!

This week I really noticed the difference in how quickly the CM2 and CM1 can learn and retain information. The CM2 are golden with all variations of conjugating "be," while most of the CM1 still want to say "he are." Very interesting.

I'm tired. Why didn't I sleep more this morning?

I may finally be breaking into the French social scene. After English Conversation Club (that I'm doing through the inspection for other primary teachers) I went out to have a drink with some of the teachers, one of whom is cool and young (I've never met a 29 year old primary school teacher here!). Friendship possibility? Yes. Then two of the teachers from one of my schools invited me to go to a soirée célibataire (singles night) with them at the bowling bar this coming Wednesday. Granted, one is about 10-15 years older than me and the other at least 20, and I am kind of terrified of going to a singles night, but at least we should s'amuser bien (have a good time). And who knows, perhaps I'll find the Frenchie of my dreams. (insert laughs reel here)

Best quote EVER from a girl in my monster class who I actually like. We're learning forms of "can": I can play x sport, I can read, write, etc.
Me holding flashcard of someone reading. L's hand shoots up in the air. "L, what is this?"
L: (super excited and enthusiastic) I can play book!

I had to stop class for a couple minutes because I was laughing so hard! She's so cute. Earlier this year she waited until I came in for English class to have her birthday party because she wanted me to be there.

These are the types of things that make me want to stay another year!

No comments: