Sunday, December 19, 2010

Welcome back to the good and the bad

Welcome back!  I'm sorry for the break in posts.  Things have been a little crazy around here.

Why?  Because I relapsed.  But it's kind of good news?  This is pretty weird guys.  I've been getting radiation to my brain for the past couple of weeks and apparently it isn't a big deal.  What????  I was devastated at first, obviously, hence the not posting on the blog thing, but I guess it just isn't that bad of news.  I saw my doctor yesterday and he seemed to think that the radiation I'm getting will kick my tumor to the ground and then he wants to take a break from chemo in general (which he had been talking about before I relapsed).  I guess I'm just a little confused as to how this isn't really changing anything except adding radiation to my treatment plan.  And a little confused because of the tumor in my brain.  It's smaller now so I can process things better, but I had a rough few days at the beginning.

So the good news is that life continues probably as usual.  Which is weird, because having a tumor in your brain is such a big deal, except that for me it isn't?

I guess otherwise I don't really know what to write except that I'm still trying to process all of this and process it in a good way that's positive and all.  I mean, guys, look at my life - gut leukemia, brain leukemia, and it isn't a big deal?  WTH???!!!!

On the other hand, the weather has been freezing but we did get snow.  Yay!  I love snow.

Hope you're all getting ready well for the holidays, and I'll see you all back here soon.

8 comments:

EconomicDisconnect said...

I am so sorry to hear of your news. Why am I not surprised you are still in a positive frame of thinking?

I would not worry about posting, do what you need to for taking the best care of yourself.

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Animesh said...

Ow for the terrible news, and great job keeping the positive attitude Mira!

Have a great holiday season, and a happy new year :).

-A

Unknown said...

Mira,

So sorry to hear of your news, but glad to hear it is better than you thought it might have been.

And happy that you got snow :)

Love you,

Yael

au soleil levant said...

Thanks for the good wishes, guys. Appreciate them a lot.

Mary Harvest Kitchen said...

Even if this is no big deal, I personally prefer my Miras to be tumor-free. Can we let the people in charge of these things know?
m
xx

au soleil levant said...

I'm on it! I'll let those folks know that you're more anti-tumor :)

islandgirl4ever2 said...

Hi Mir...

I'm glad we had a chance to talk on the phone, though I know you were pretty tired..
I'm glad your doctor thinks it's something that can be taken care of with radiation- that it's getting smaller now AND that you will be able to take a break form chemo... I know you are exhausted.. Hang in there and keep up your positive attitude!
Talk to you again soon... I forget if you are on skype or not, but we'll have to talk when I'm at my dad's in a few weeks to keep in touch...
Hugs and more hugs,
Leese

au soleil levant said...

Thanks Leesa, you were a great help on the phone :)