Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A week out

I've been out of the hospital for a week, and it's been interesting. My balance is definitely off because of the ear infection, and that will supposedly stick around for a few more weeks. I'll.probably be getting a home health aide to help me around and make sure I don't fall. I'm also getting a platelet transfusion every other day, and as a premed, to prevent reactions, they give you benadryl, and that puts me right to sleep. So I've been getting a lot of sleep!

Otherwise, I FINALLY saw Harry Potter 7 Part 2! It was supposed to be a birthday activity, but I didn't get discharged until med afternoon, so we put it on hold. I'm so glad I finally saw it, it was very well done. Not as god as the book, of course, but a good movie adaptation.

And my brother started football season! We were at the game, a home game, so we got to sit in the President's Box because we are members of some sports support club. Yeah, the perks of giving money to Division 2 schools are pretty nice :) My brother played very well and the team won, so it was a good game all around!

7 comments:

shannon said...

Glad to hear you're doing well! I hope that ear infections subsides soon!

HP7 Part 2 was soooooooo awesome! I loved every second of it. I now feel like rereading all the books, but I don't have them here with me.

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering how long it takes to get used to the balance thing. Of course, you will get better, but I'm thinking of people who suddenly lose hearing on one side. Like, if you lose sigh in one eye, it takes some adjustement but the brain is very quick to compensate.

Anyway, glad you enjoy HP. I'm not a huge fan but I saw the movie (and movies) and it was pretty cool.

Mary Harvest Kitchen said...

Thinking of you always! Hope you're well enough for a movie night sooooon.

EconomicDisconnect said...

I have to wait for that movie to come on PPV. Glad you are home, will send a note.

au soleil levant said...

Shannon - that was frustrating for me in France, not having all my books when I wanted them! You're too busy to read, anyway :)

Zhu -yeah, I'm a dork and like things like Harry Potter. Glad you don't find it too exceptional. :). It.is interesting to think about how easily or quickly you could get used to the permanent loss of some major function, I guess you just deal with it,

Mary -yes, we'll see about movie night, which will be a little difficult to plan now that football has started!

GYSC - what is PPV? Didn't know you were a Potter fan! Or is it just my delightful description? :)

EconomicDisconnect said...

Never read Potter books but really like the films. PPV = Pay Per View.

Loislane said...

Wow, even I might go to a football game if it meant I could sit VIP :)

And I'm glad you are out of the hospital and getting lots of rest!