Friday, January 9, 2009

Starting to work on those New Year's things

What are they called again, resolutions? I don't really make formal resolutions, just kind of list of things I want to work on in the new year. This year one of my things to work on is making some friends. I've spent lots and lots and lots of time alone over the past four years due to circumstances beyond my control and that whole moving to France and not hanging out with the assistants in my town thing. I am tired of being alone all the time. I mean, I get along great with myself, I think I'm very funny and fun to hang out with, but every once in a while it would be nice to be speaking out loud to someone other than myself :)

I think I've already written that I decided a while ago to become BFF with the directrice at V School because she's just a couple of years older than me, and I finally took a step forward with that tonight. She'd been really hinting around that she wants to be friends with me, but it's always in the "give me a call if you have any issues" or "let me know if you're bored during vacation!" So I decided to stop being such a coward and sent her a text tonight saying that if she had any free time this weekend it would be nice to grab a coffee. Fingers crossed she says yes!

Oooh, I feel like that time I was in seventh grade and some friends asked out a boy for me. He said no. Hopefully I get a better response this time!

5 comments:

Monique Geisler said...

ooooh good luck! Though it seems promising so far :)

One of the hardest challenges for me was making friends over there, so it sounds like you're moving in the right direction!

shannon said...

Hope she says yes!

I did the same thing today, and now I have plans for Sunday with a teacher from my school. Shall be nice.

Leah said...

She's crazy if she doesn't say yes. Vivement les new friends!

BlondeInFrance said...

Hmm, perhaps I should be brave and text the nice girl from orchestra (she has a car, so we could have an Cora date or something). It is totally 7th grade all over, except I asked the boy myself so I heard the "NO!!" right to my face!! Seeing as how that is the worst rejection of my life, I think I'm ready for whatever France has in store for me.

au soleil levant said...

Thanks for the good wishes! The current update is that I haven't heard anything from her :( I know she does work on this house she's fixing up with her boyfriend on the weekends, so she's definitely busy. Holding out hope for tomorrow or the future.... otherwise I'm looking forward to a super awkward Tuesday at V School!