Saturday, July 17, 2010

On the road again!

This time to Traverse City, Michigan! For a whole week!


I took this picture from the top of the Grand Traverse Lighthouse waaayyyy up at the tip of the "pinky" when we were there three years ago.

Yes, Michigan is shaped like a mitten (the lower peninsula is, at least). Look it up on a map if you don't believe me! Michiganders are famous for using our hands to show you where we're from and where different cities in our fine state are located.

And I realized tonight that this will be the first week since the end of September that I don't have anything to scheduled at the hospital! (knock on wood) Of course if I were in town I would have had scans and appointments and things, but I am going away on vacation, so we put all of those off until next week. Another river crossed!

Hope you all have a good week, and we'll see if I'm motivated enough to post photos while I'm up there.

7 comments:

Monique Geisler said...

Good thing you're not from Italy. I imagine it'd be much less convenient to a.) always be wearing boots and b.) continually point at your foot to show people where you live!

Monique Geisler said...

Oh wait!! I read this before your last post (even though I already posted it on FB) Happy Birthday!!!

J said...

I love Traverse City! Man, I miss Michigan. :(

I think I forgot to post a comment on your birthday too. Bon anniversaire !!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Three words: pictures, pictures pictures. Yes, I'm begging.

au soleil levant said...

Monique - lol on the Italy comments. And thanks for the additional birthday wishes!

Jennie - thanks for the birthday wishes! I'm jealous of your travels in Europe, so I guess it's all a trade off, right?

Zhu - OK, I'll work on the pictures!

EconomicDisconnect said...

That looks like good fishing water, but I do have a one track mind!

Have a great vacation!

Loislane said...

You are the ultimate michigantrotter. Kind of like a globetrotter...with mittens.