Saturday, May 24, 2008

Let's analyze....

On Thursday I was joking around with D, the pion at Directeur Napoleon Complex school (basically a surveillant for the kiddies), about staying in France and said that what I really need is a nice French guy to PACS with me. Apparently she has a friend who has wanted to meet "l'américaine" for a while, so now I'm going out with them tonight. Guess I wasn't actually joking? At least I'm getting out and doing something, that's the important part. And who knows, maybe I'll post again tomorrow that I've met the love of my life and we're going to get PACSed next week. No, that's not possible - the earliest we could get PACSed would be in a month, taking all the paperwork into account! See how the French government stands in the way of true love? Disgusting. :)

On that note though, I decided last night that I'm going to start calling the Inspection to ask about being renewed, and ask my school district office if they can help me out too.

Other male business, I need a little analysis help from the experts! One of the guards from Quai Branly has been contacting me to get together. I'm not so much of an idiot that I don't know he's looking for more than just une amie (although it is a close call), but the thing is I would genuinely be interested in being friends with this guy, even if I have absolutely no interest beyond that. He's smart and nice, and since smart doesn't exist in Picardie, this is a real novelty. So I'm trying to figure out how much trouble I'm in here. Over the course of the past week he's only contacted me five times (that sounded a lot better before I wrote it down). And he doesn't do that "gros bisous" thing that is so clearly too much, he usually signs off with au revoir, ciao, à bientot, and then one time je t'embrasse (embrasser in French is to kiss). It's commonly used as a friendly thing, but I don't know. I feel like we need to have the "I just want to be friends" discussion. So on the Kiss of Death scale, where does all of this fall? Am I closer to the Dementor end or the Elmyra from Tiny Tunes end?

3 comments:

Leah said...

Hmm, yay for meeting your future pacse! I joke, I joke. But, seriously, are you going to wear a purple wedding dress or what? :)

Oh, and Guardy McGuarderson might be wanting a lil ASL lovin with that je t'embrasse. I think you should meet up with him because why not, but if you start to see that he's there to get into your pantalons, then make it clear where you're at and if he can't be just friends with you, then he's a losah!

BlondeInFrance said...

Yeah, go see what happens. Just don't kiss him unless you want A LOT more texts, lol. But friends are good, friends who work at art museums are even better! Don't go back to his place for an apero or anything yet, unless there are other people, just to be safe. Geez, I sound so worried like he's a creepster, but just act like you would with any semi unknown guy back home. Friendly caution.

Good luck with the other guy! Maybe you can play the two off each other . . . I forsee lots of fun French times ahead for you!

au soleil levant said...

Thanks for the advice ladies....

....and Leah, it will totally be purple! And I'll be registering for those gorgeous purple wine glasses you got for the bday!