Friday, January 8, 2010

Breaking News

I may be getting my taste buds back. Big emphasis on "may," but tonight at dinner I could taste the salt in the rice and the seasoning on the potatoes!

Yes, on Friday nights we sometimes have two starches because my dad has to have the special Friday night potatoes. I can't imagine what would happen if we didn't have roasted potatoes on Friday night. I think the Earth might stop spinning on its axis.

Because of the possible gut GVHD I'm not eating anything exciting these days, but stay tuned anyway to see if my very limited diet starts recovering flavor...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, that would be so cool! There is nothing worse than eating and not testing the food.

And this is nothing wrong with two starches. Not in my book anyway ;-)

au soleil levant said...

Totally agree on the two starches, btw, but you know, I make a show of being healthy ;)

shannon said...

Yay! I hope your taste buds are coming back!

Oh, and I know I don't always comment, but I'm always reading. Keep keeping us updated!

au soleil levant said...

Thanks Shannon! No worries about commenting, I know I rarely comment on your blog. Sorry!