Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake!

There was an earthquake in the Midwest this morning! Seriously! Apparently there's a fault line in the Missouri/Illinois area and this morning there was a 5.2 magnitude earthquake with tremors felt as far away as Atlanta. I was unfortunately awake - I'm having some trouble sleeping. On the bright side I did feel tremors, so maybe insomnia is good for something. My bed shook and I was a little confused, but then I remembered that maybe 10 or 15 years ago we had tremors here from an earthquake in the Appalachians and decided it was another one of those. I didn't feel the tremors then, so I guess I made up for it this morning.

Life in the Midwest is super exciting! Almost as exciting as Northern France!

2 comments:

Monique Geisler said...

consider yourself lucky you're not from California... haha

They keep telling us there's a 99.6% chance of having a BIG HUGE 'quake in, get this.... the next 30 years.

Oooh, better start stocking up the fall-out and Y2K shelters, just in case.

au soleil levant said...

Yeah, I'm sure for you a normal earthquake is no big deal! Maybe it's time to take out stock on ice companies and frozen food producers? Someone will profit off the doomsday earthquake, and you should be one of them! :P